Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Texting is that BAD!!

I honestly had no clue that texting has become that bad in schools, I know I text on average a couple times a day but it dos not cause problems in my life and to think that it causes problems in schools is crazy to me. I think that instead of trying to stop students from texting in schools maybe educators should try to incorporate texts in the classroom. One idea would to have students keep their cell phones where teachers can see them and have students use texting to help find answer to their school work by texting questions to parents, family and friends. Maybe with the quickness that texting happens students will recieve instant help with problems they are facing. No matter how many rules you have against the use of cell phones, students will try to find a way to get around the rules. I think technology is advancing so fast around us that instead of resisting change we should embrace it and find ways of using it to our advantage. We should also encourage the use of proper English and discouraging the texting language, maybe this will help the problem of proper English. Let us as educators think outside the box and inside the cellphone to find a solution to a common problem that I really don't see an end to.

No comments:

Post a Comment