Friday, June 19, 2009

I Love Teaching

I was very moved and touched when I read this. This teacher is what I strive to be an educator and a role model. It is true that some teachers just want to get through the day, but I believe we all start out with the desire to change and challenge our students. I love the idea of making this list when I start teaching just to remind why I wanted to teach in the first place. I hope I have a "Destiny" of my own one day. I think making this list will make us better teachers, we will not forget why we get up everyday. I taught a fire safety class to a group of girl scouts in Alaska an they sent me some cookies and a card, in the card they wrote their thanks but more importantly what they learned I still have that card and look at it every n0w and again and feel good. When I start leaching I will love students telling me what they have learned not just a general thank you but actually what they learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment